Welcome to minute.coach Pro
- Hi, and welcome — we’re minute.coach! We’re happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘minute.coach’ or ‘minute.coach Pro’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the minute.coach sites and the subdomains.
- The minute.coach ecosystem helps people around the world get better at sports — minute by minute, and earn online. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a member of our community. You will have a minute.coach account that will allow you to enroll to and create courses like the ones found on pro.minute.coach and make other related transactions.
- The minute.coach sites are platforms that allow members to buy and sell educational materials such as text, images, video and more. On minute.coach Pro, students and instructors (sellers) transact with each other directly and we provide the platform to allow the transactions to happen. If you have a minute.coach account, any transactions are logged on your member’s statement, which records the payments made by you to instructors via minute.coach (as a student) and by students via minute.coach to you (as an instructor).
- The course materials on minute.coach are owned by the instructors, not by us. The materials on minute.coach are uploaded at the direction of the instructor. We provide the platform services; we do not take ownership of the materials.
- During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of the minute.coach sites is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms and the Acceptable Use Policy whether you become a member or not.
How browsing and membership works
- Browsing: You need to be 13 years or over to browse minute.coach Pro. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 13 or under. When browsing the site you agree to follow our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to any use of the minute.coach Pro site whether or not you’re a member.
- Age: You need to be 13 years or over to become a member or to buy courses. If you’re under 13 you will need to get a parent or guardian to buy courses or use the account of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 13 years of age, with their permission, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
- The minute.coach Account: Membership is free. When you become a member you get a minute.coach account that is accessible from any of our minute.coach sites (and is also your minute.coach account for other minute.coach services). Your membership will allow you to ‘buy’ (enroll to) the course materials from instructors, participate in our online forums, and generally contribute to our ecosystem of minute.coach sites that help people get better at sports. Membership also gives you the opportunity to become an instructor (see the respective section below).
- Your responsibility: You promise that the information you give us is true, accurate and complete and, if you sign up for a minute.coach account, that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a current email address). Your membership is not transferable, that means you cannot sell your account. You are responsible for any use of the minute.coach sites including any activity that occurs in conjunction with your username and password, if you have a minute.coach account, so keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password. If you realise there’s any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately. You must not use a virtual private network or VPN or any other means to avoid compliance with these terms and conditions, or for any fraudulent or illegal reasons.
How buying courses works
This section will help you understand what you are buying when you enroll into a course and how that transaction takes place on minute.coach.
- What you’re buying:
- Course material: When you enroll in a course, you acquire the right to use that course material; you’re not actually acquiring the course itself. What you get includes a license directly from the instructor to use that course material.
- Course support: instructors can choose whether or not to support certain courses. If an instructor chooses to support a course, this will be identified on the course page. Your right to access Course Support requires a minute.coach account.
- Student Services: In addition to the use of the platform, when you ‘buy’ a course you also receive student services from minute.coach like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, course quality control and other related student and buyer services.
- The total price for a course on minute.coach is made up of:
- Course price: The course price is made up of a course fee, and if relevant the course support fee (for supported courses).
- Student fee: This is the fee for the student services you get from minute.coach Pro.
- Handling fee: In some transactions on minute.coach the total checkout price may include a handling fee.
- Taxes: Some transactions on minute.coach may be subject to tax that may be added to the price. See the respective section below for details about taxes on minute.coach Pro.
The list price is made up of the course price and student fee, and is the price you see on a course page.
Transacting as a student:
- If you have a minute.coach account, you can make payments by using the ‘Enroll Now’ function.
- When using Enroll Now you will be redirected to a payment method provider.
- Currency conversion costs: You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to a transaction on minute.coach Pro. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
This means that you may incur additional costs when purchasing from minute.coach, which we have no control over.
- Terms of buying: When you enroll in a minute.coach course you’re doing so on the following terms:
- you warrant to us and the instructor that you have carefully considered the suitability of your chosen course, and that you have chosen appropriately;
- you cannot cancel a completed purchase of a course;
- we and the instructors do not promise that any particular course will continue to be available on minute.coach Pro;
- once you enroll in a course and the course has been paid for, you acquire a non-exclusive license to use the course under the terms set out in the license (non-exclusive means others might also license the same course);
- the instructor retains ownership of the course;
- your relevant details may be provided to the instructor of the course in order to facilitate the transaction, for example for invoicing and course support services; and
- we have the right to enforce against you the terms of the license that you have acquired from an instructor.
It is important that you understand the terms on which you are making a purchase. Please take the time to review this section carefully.
- Warranties we make:
- We warrant that the minute.coach sites will be suitable for the purposes described on the sites, and that we will provide our platform services with reasonable skill and care.
- We otherwise do not make any express or implied warranties about the minute.coach sites (or any courses on the minute.coach sites).
- Warranties instructors make: The instructor of a course you enroll in, warrants to you that:
- the course is of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which it is ‘sold’;
- the course matches the description given by the instructor on the course preview page, as well as any course preview;
- they will honour any express warranties given to you that are not contained in these terms;
- they have the rights necessary to license that course on the terms of applicable license;
- your use of that course in accordance with the terms of the applicable license does not infringe the intellectual property rights of someone else;
- the course and its description are not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the course and its description do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
- the course does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- they will process your data in accordance with applicable privacy law and data protection regulations.
This is what instructors are promising you when you enroll in a course.
- Sales Tax. Prices and fees made for supplies made to you (whether by minute.coach or instructors) in connection with these terms exclude consumption and sales taxes (Sales Tax). If a supply is made to you under or in connection with these terms on which Sales Tax is imposed, the fee you must pay for that supply is increased by the Sales Tax amount.
- Other taxes. You are responsible for paying all such taxes and imposts associated with your use of minute.coach wherever levied. Your responsibility includes withholding tax if it applies, unless we already process that withholding tax. If a withholding is required by applicable law, you will remit the legally required amount to the applicable taxing authority; you must pay to minute.coach (or instructors) the gross amount on the invoice(s) such that the amount received by minute.coach (or instructors) after the withholding tax is applied is the full amount minute.coach (or instructors) would have received if no withholding or deduction had been made (and it is your responsibility to arrange the remittance of the gross invoice amount in accordance with minute.coach’s standard processes).
- Courses with an incorrect price or incorrect information: Despite our reasonable efforts, courses may occasionally be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this happens, we may cancel or reverse a transaction, even after it is completed and a payment has been processed. If we do this, we’ll promptly arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded and you must not use the course unless you re-purchase it at the correct price.
- Given the nature of digital content, a refund or credit on a purchase is not granted unless one of the warranties given by the instructor in section 17 has been breached, or a refund is required under the minute.coach Refund Rules or Latvian Republic consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws.
- We will assess refund or credit requests (if you have a minute.coach account) on their merits, considering the digital nature of minute.coach courses and the type of course preview that was available before purchase. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have found the course unhelpful;
- you have changed your mind about a course;
- you enrolled in a course by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the course;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access the course because it has been removed.
- If the instructor or we decide to issue a refund or credit (if you have a minute.coach account), this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. So if the course was purchased using minute.coach Credits or Membership, you will be given credit in minute.coach Credits or Membership period; if the course was purchased using a particular payment method you will be refunded using the same payment method in reverse. Any payment made to you (not minute.coach Credits) will be made in Euro, under the rules of the payment method (see the respective section about currency conversion back to your local currency).
It is important that you understand how refunds work on minute.coach.
- Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a student via your minute.coach account, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your minute.coach account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been cancelled. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds out of your minute.coach account, so we encourage students to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
- Fine print: We are not a bank or licensed deposit taker in Latvia, European Union or elsewhere, your credits are not deposits under Latvian law about banks, and that means you don’t get the benefit of any deposit insurance or guarantee under those laws. We don’t act as a fiduciary or as a trustee for you, and we’re not a licensed financial service provider.
Becoming an instructor
- If you want to get involved in our community as an instructor, you can sign up and find out more on our home page. Remember that if you become an instructor these terms will continue to apply, along with the instructor Terms you’ll sign up to as an instructor.
- What we own: We own all the minute.coach content that we have put on minute.coach (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others). This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the minute.coach sites, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on minute.coach. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on minute.coach (unless otherwise stated and excluding these things owned by others). You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our minute.coach Content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
27. What we don’t own: We do not own the courses on minute.coach; our instructors do. Courses are uploaded at the direction of the instructor. So we cannot take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the course content. We do not warrant that the courses or any member content, or materials available on or via the minute.coach do not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. (Each instructor provides promises to you directly when you purchase their course – see the respective section.)